Bokashi Bucket and Bran
What if you could buy a product that is incredibly easy to use, and can be used to compost ALL your kitchen scraps (including meat, bones, dairy products and cooked food) into a fabulous soil conditioner ?
Well the Bokashi Bin can do just that…….
BokashiBokashi (Japanese for “fermented organic matter”) was invented way back in the 1990s and is still relatively new in this country, it is an extremely easy system to use, and unlike a wormery a Bokashi bucket can take everything from your kitchen.
Bokashi is a mixture of Bran, Molasses and a special ingredient called Effective Microbes (Ems). Ems are a mixture of bacteria and fungi which when mixed with the other ingredients and scattered over your food waste, will ferment it down, into an excellent soil conditioner. This can then be fed to worms, put into a compost bin, or simply buried in the garden.
The Bokashi Bucket is very easy to use,
- Add some bokashi bran to the bottom of the bucket
- Add your kitchen waste (cut into small chunks)
- Sprinkle a handful of bokashi bran over the top
- .Press the food down with the supplied plunger
- Replace the lid.
- Continue until full, alternating between a layer of food, then Bokashi Bran
Draw off any liquid that has accumulated in the sump (dilute 1:100 and use as a plant food)
- Leave the bucket to ferment for around 2 weeks
- When ready the fermented contents will have a sweet and sour smell, and can then be placed in a wormery, on a compost bin, or dug straight into the garden.
- The Bokashi will then compost down and make fabulous feed for your garden plant
What you get
Two Bokashi Buckets (whilst one is fermenting, you can use the other one)
600g Bokashi Bran (about 2 Months Supply)
Buy your Bokashi Bucket today by sending us your details on the contact page. We accept cash on delivery. Our Price £49.75
We are giving 10 lucky people the chance to win a Bokashi Bucket, to enter please visit WOW Free Stuff, and they advise you on how to win. Its very easy to enter, and we hope you are the lucky winner.